Chairman of the Organisation Committee for the Africa Youth Games Mrs. Regina Sikalesele-Vaka and members of the Committee here present, CEO of BAYGOC Mr. Tuelo Serufho and your staff, Members of the Media, Ladies and Gentlemen, good morning…

BBS Bank is pleased to be making a contribution of P225, 000.00 to the Africa Youth Games which will be held in our country from 22nd to 31st May 2014. The Games are probably the biggest sporting event to be hosted by Botswana and present an opportunity for us to show Africa and the world the strides we have made in developing our sport over  the years.

I am also aware of the hard work that is going on behind the scenes to ensure that the games are a success and I am confident that our nation will deliver.

The games will also give our young athletes to gauge themselves against the very best on the continent. This will help them to improve on their way to becoming world class athletes in  the process bringing pride, recognition and joy to our country.We have already experienced the positive impact of sport through the performances of athletes such as Glody Dube in the past and currently through our premier international runners  Amantle Montsho, Nigel Amos, upcoming junior athletic star Galefele Moroko, footballers Joel Mogorosi and Mogakolodi Ngele, the karateka Moses Jones and many others whom we shall come to know better during the Africa Youth Games. Their performances have had a positive effect on the collective spirit of our nation because they always bring us together, whether they do well or not. Regardless of how they perform, we always want them to do better than the last time. So, I am sure that our nation will be fully behind our young athletes next month.

Lastly, on behalf of BBS Bank we would like to wish our team the very best of luck at the Africa Youth Games and I am pleased to hand over this donation of  P225,000.00.

Thank you.

What's New

Advertorials Press Statements