Botswana Building Society (“BBS”), led by its Managing Director Mr. Pius Komane Molefe, has been consulting Members across the country on the plan to commercialise BBS.
Ordinary Savings Account
This is the most widely used, mainly because of its extreme flexibility. You can withdraw and deposit as often as you like provided you make an initial deposit and maintain a minimum balance of P100. Interest is calculated on the daily balance and payable on a quarter yearly basis.
- BWP100.00 opening/minimum balance
- Unlimited withdrawals
- ATM facility available (for BBS ATMs only)
- Interest paid is 0.25% annually
- Attracts maintenance fee of P33.60 VAT inclusive
- Attracts P2.24 ATM charge withdrawal VAT Inclusive
- This account is also used for Payroll purposes
Who may operate Savings Accounts?
All Savings Accounts may be operated by any person over the age of 16, companies, clubs, associations, partnerships, deceased estates, trust funds and others.